1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Gila, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I haven't posted much recently - that doesn't mean I haven't read the posts though, and I'm really happy for all of those who have got a job to start in January now! It's good to know that some people manage to secure a teaching job even after quite a number of interviews. I've had two interviews in the last three weeks, and still have no job, in spite of some excellent feedback about interview answers and lessons, so have been feeling quite upset. I think I'm losing my confidence, which is not helped by the knowledge that one of my references is okish rather than glowing (my first one is great but the more recent one seems to matter more). And I think it's vital to appear confident.... However, I have just put my Christmas tree up and danced with my husband to the Pogues and Slade, and feeling much happier and positive now. I just wanted to say to everybody: Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year (including that elusive teaching job in a lovely school)!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What a loveli idea for a thread!
    Theo has his Kiss under Mistletoe on Personal but it's nice to haveone of our very own.
    So here's my contribution
    [​IMG]
    to one and all Jobseekers, past & present
    and thosewho join the ranks of 'The Employed' in the New Year!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

My very best wishes to everyone!

[​IMG]

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Yes, indeed, but very few of you have come to share a kiss there . . .
    Theo's Mistletoe! Come and greet your favourite posters here.
    Mwah to you all!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

What a nice idea Gila[​IMG]! Merrry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! x
    [​IMG]

6. Lara mfl 05

You've had one already on Personal Theo but
    Kiss
    [​IMG]
    Kiss

7. Been away for a couple of days (well mainly yesterday) from this forum (have been furiously on the job search) but wanted to wish you all a very Merry Xmas/Seasons greetings/ HAPPY CHANUKKAH (am shocked by the lack of chanukkah cards in the shops, humph) and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here's hoping it brings lots of lovely jobs for us all (although if the news today about unemployment is anything to go by... BUT STAY POSITIVE).

[​IMG]

8. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

9. Thank you Welsh. When I asked the lady in the shop if they had any Chanukkah cards (it can be spelt with or without the C) she looked at me like I was slightly mad! ((Plus, I've never had a visit from Santa :( WOE IS ME. But it's just me and the BF this year (as I have a pleasure of working Boxing Day so have to stay up north) and I went and got my very first Christmas tree which is all decorated nicely now- SO EXCITING!))

10. Lara mfl 05

And one from me to LTC1409 & any other Jewish believers.
    [​IMG]

11. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Awww Theo
    I did a Christmas assembly years ago based around the celebrations in Mexico, and Feliz Navidad was our song. I am feeling very nostalgic now as they were good times!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihW56Xa3XGQ
    Merry Christmas to all xx

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

[​IMG]
    To all celebrating Hanukkah

13. Thanks Gila.
    Merry xmas to everyone too!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

14. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

[​IMG]
    Merry Christmas & Hanukkah to everyone who's been so lovely & supportive this last year xxx

15. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

Happy Christmas from down under to all the lovely & supportive people who've been so nice this year. Hope Santa brings you everything you deserve!
    Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating too [​IMG] x

16. In celebration of the first night of Chanukkah.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2681192-south-parkhanukkah (Perhaps don't watch if easily offended).

[​IMG]

17. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all!
    [​IMG]

18. Wow, bigger picture than I'd imagined!

19. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

What a lovely thread!
    Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah to everyone out there, and a very Happy New Year to you all. May the best of 2011 be the worst of 2012.
    Thank you for all of your support [​IMG]