1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Brexit

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kandahar, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Wonderful!

artboyusa and agathamorse like this.
  2. install

install Star commenter

Yippee. 3+ years of patient waiting. At last - we are finally cutting EU ties . :D:p:p:);):p:p:p:D:D:D;);):):):)

3. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Have you won Euro Millions tonight then?

ajrowing likes this.
  4. burajda

burajda Star commenter

5. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Rule Britannia! unnamed.jpg

6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Burndenpark, ms honey and BetterNow like this.
  7. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Immeasurably better.

8. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Indeed. British made, British run.

artboyusa, MrWest369 and agathamorse like this.
  9. install

install Star commenter

No - not going back for me. Moving forward.

10. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

11. install

install Star commenter

Thank you. That has to be the most respectful and quiet celebration I have ever seen and heard.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    agathamorse and Jesmond12 like this.
  12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

13. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Lead commenter

MrWest369, agathamorse and Kandahar like this.
  14. colacao17

colacao17 Occasional commenter

Congratulations UK on the Dawn of a New Error.

lrw22, jomaimai, dumbbells66 and 5 others like this.
  15. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Lead commenter

Yes old friend!
    The forces of liberal authoritarianism have been dealt a serious blow.
    Yet our fight will go on, against the restrictions, that grow like weeds, strangling our freedom of speech and thought. Against those that see the minds of children and young people as places for implanting doctrines of identity and division, victim-hood or enduring guilt. Against those who see society and values as only worthy of destruction, in persuit of their vision of progress.

16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I think you will be disappointed. Global Britain does not mean protectionism. Britain is open for foreign investment. A good thing.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  17. Sally006

Sally006 Senior commenter

Really? I never felt the EU was controlling my thoughts! What a load of carp! It is what it is. We are stuck with this situation now. Time will tell. Life is going to get a whole lot harder for most of us. I find it odd that people see Remainers as fantasists yet it is the Brexiteers who have the fantasy of the “Dunkirk” spirit, standing alone, doing it our way, we don’t need anyone, nonsense. All the time neglecting to see that WW2 and Nazi tyranny was defeated by global collaboration. Xenophobia won that vote in 2016 let’s face it. It wasn’t just the U.K. and US that landed on the Normandy beaches. All the free Poles, French, Czechs, Dutch who joined with us as well as the resistance movements in those countries who aided our airmen and whose continued brave sabbotage and intelligence work aided the allied forces. I’m just sad, terribly sad that collaboration, built upon post war, we have cut ourselves off from. Enjoy your pathetic celebrations but in my view there is nothing to celebrate here.

18. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

What an appropriate picture to illustrate our glorious future. Monarch Airlines. It's gone bust and no longer exists. :)

19. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

20. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

This kind of vision for post-Brexit Britain worries me. Are we really bent on the destruction of the state in this country? Are we really all about minimising tax without any heed for the services they pay for, services which help us become a more equal, juster and fairer country? Are we going to become a country Ayn Rand would be proud of?

slingshotsally and jomaimai like this.