1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Hans Woyda Maths Competition

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Piranha, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Piranha

Piranha Established commenter

I am trying to find details of the Hans Woyda competition. My Google skills don't seem to be up to it; I can find plenty of schools that enter, but not a website about the competition. Can anybody help, please?

2. Casy

Casy Occasional commenter

See what you mean - all search results seem to lead to schools who have entered said competition.
    Hans Woyda - if they exist - useless at promoting themselves.

Perhaps contact a local school who have participated previously?

3. Hans Woyda is the name of a former head of maths at Kingston Grammar School. It's a league-based competition for 64 schools around the London area, and there's a waiting list to join: places become available if a school decides not to enter any longer. Probably best to contact a participating school directly, or even KGS themselves. [Am really hoping that DM doesn't find me an avatar... my username is spelt backwards, but I've since discovered that it's a not very attractive skin condition]

4. If you're interested you might want to contact:
    Phil Collins hans-woyda-results@hotmail.co.uk
    The description above about the 64 schools if good.
    I can email a couple of sample papers if anyone wants.....my school enters it. Rather good fun. Put down an email address.

5. I have PMd you jstone!

6. Piranha

I have also sent you a message. Thanks for the offer.

7. Piranha

Thanks for the original replies. We are now on the waiting list, although I think I will have retired by the time we get to the front of the queue!