1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hangover cures!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lillipad, Aug 21, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Please!! I feel gross! Too much wine :( lol

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Please!! I feel gross! Too much wine :( lol

3. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Fry-up and flat coke. Never fails for me!

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Och aye the noo
    Drink a can of Irn Bru [​IMG]

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Had a bacon sarnie already and orange juice... however a nice glass of coke is quite appealing right now! I feel like something inside me died..... lol

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

bacon sandwich and a bloody mary

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

A bottle of wine perhaps? [​IMG]

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I am an expert on the causes of and treatment for wine flu.
    Lucozade (nice and cold from the fridge), a fry up (or bacon sarnie), 2 paracetamol and then back to bed.
    Alternatively, not waking up today but waking up tomorrow is effective, if not always practical!

9. How do you keep it down? The main effect of a hangover on me is disabling nausea. Anything more demanding than sips of cold water makes me vomit! The smell of a bacon sandwich or even coffee - uuurrgghh!!!!!!

10. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I always found that those cola bottle sweets work for me. In my student days I used to go to Woolworths for a massive bag of kid's pic and mix whenever I had a hangover!

11. Don't know why but a glass of lager always cures my wine flu!!(Belle that's what I will always call it from now on!!)

12. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Urrrgh still no better! Have had a glass of coke... a bag of crisps and a big slice of cake and i still feel gross! Am lying on the sofa in my pajamas... and probably will for the rest of the day now! What a waste!

13. Ditto, lil, usually a swim helps? In the very least a shower?
    A massive superfood salad and hot chips is also good

14. I have come to accept that once I reached 30, there was no such thing as a hangover cure and I would just have to live with feeling s**t for a day. Nowadays, it has to be worth it to endure the day after!

15. Cocodamol and ranitadine (Zantac) - but it's a bit late now

16. I wish there was a 'Like' button on here! Sounds awesome.

17. BelleDuJour

Today I find myself in need of just about every recommendation on this thread!
    I have a terminal case of wine flu [​IMG]

18. Am interested in the Piriton. I would give it a try next time but there is never going to be a next time because I am never drinking again. Again.
    I'll tell you what a bad idea is: a whopper dose of co-codamol and two glasses of wine (forgot I'd taken the painkillers). I did not know what hit me last night but I had the worst headache I've ever had at 3 a.m. Fell decidedly shaky today.

19. I bet I can guess who 2 of your guests were!
    AND I bet there were aperitifs which you have forgotten!

20. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]