1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handy classroom tips

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lara mfl 05, May 17, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, classic! Sounds like many a faux pas I've made.
    Other one to be careful of is in PE to remember to call them tennis balls etc.& especially if it's to say, @Stop fiddling with your . . . . (net/tennis/rounders etc).balls'

2. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

Thank you for making me giggle both of you. Reminds me of the time I told my children to walk quietly past the head's office because, 'Mr *****'s lurking'. ( I meant to say Mr Lilley's working)

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Ah yes, I clearly remember the PE lesson when my YR/1/2 class were being different animals in dance and I said (thinking I was being clver) 'OK, over here all of you who are horsing about, over there all of you who are monkeying around and all those who are dogging....' Didn't get any further after catching TA's horrified eye!
    Thank goodness the children didn't notice anything amiss!

4. Many moons ago when I fist experienced smartboard software, I was drawing a number of shapes on the smartboard for my SEN pupils. I inadvertently clicked on the group and the wonderful software attempted to convert it to text... spelling in rather large letters for all to see ---s h i t, much to the amusement of my group who all gasped in horror, awaiting my reaction.
    Have you ever tried to cover a projected image with your hand? Yes - it then projected s h i t on to my hand instead!
    I was impressed by their decoding skills though!

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Twinkles, I nearly spat my drink all over the room when I read yours! Hilarious!

6. crysys

crysys Occasional commenter

Never search on google images with the IWB on in front of the class and risk having a selection of pics appear including one of a random female sporting naked boobs! Also, try and avoid this one. Never leave the IWB on in an empty room............
    (Maisie) " Miss, while we was out of the room, someone's wrote F***K on the whiteboard!"
    ...panicking, teacher dashes over to erase it....
    (Maisie) " Miss, it was Harvey!"
    (Harvey) "No it wasn't, I didn't write ****...I wrote S**T but someone rubbed it off!"
    (Maisie) "So who wrote **** then?"
    ....so matter of fact...like it was a smiley face or I HATE SPURS....sigh!