1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handwriting with the 'lead-in'

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LizzieTish, Aug 26, 2011.

1. LizzieTish

LizzieTish New commenter

I teach in Reception, and have been asked to teach letters in a cursive script with the 'lead in' line. Also, all lettering in classroom displays must be in this style. Personally, I find writing this way very 'disjointed' and quite difficult to do! I can't imagine how I'm going to teach individual letter shapes now, as I'm used to introducing the basic letter shapes based on c, l and r. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom they can share, please? Many thanks

2. LizzieTish

LizzieTish New commenter

I teach in Reception, and have been asked to teach letters in a cursive script with the 'lead in' line. Also, all lettering in classroom displays must be in this style. Personally, I find writing this way very 'disjointed' and quite difficult to do! I can't imagine how I'm going to teach individual letter shapes now, as I'm used to introducing the basic letter shapes based on c, l and r. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom they can share, please? Many thanks