1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handwriting font

Discussion in 'Primary' started by AngelAnnie, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of a handwriting font that looks like Nelson. I've tried the Nelson website, but it doesn't seem to exist any longer.
    Thanks, Annie

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Sassoon Primary looks more like Nelson than any other and seems to be the most commonly used for this purpose.
    It's available in Word and also SmartBoard software.

3. Sassoon is probably the best, but a good free alternative is Jarman. Search for it at dafont.com - I use it all the time [​IMG]

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. I use a joined and precursive front from http://www.cursivewriting.org/ There are lots of different styles to choose from, and arrow/dotted/outline fonts too.
    You have to buy them, but they are really good, especially the joined font. It doesn't do some of the odd formatting things that Nelson used to do, either!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. being pedantic ... he doesn't like being called Chris - prefers Christopher!
    His Acorn friends refer to him as <u>Sir </u>Christopher!!!!
    [​IMG]

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. Software HFW - Handwriting for Windows. has a lovely cursive font in a variety of stages -- print, dotted, joined, with differents fs and gs and zs etc.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. teachchan

teachchan New commenter

I've just found that ****** have a really good font, it's definitely worth a go.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

We use Letterjoin, but it is not free, the school subscribes. Worth it, though, because we use it for everything - displays, all teacher writing, etc.

10. tolkien

tolkien New commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.