1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handouts for interview presentation--IoE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by e_witney, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I have an interview for secondary science at IoE in a couple of days and I was wondering whether someone who's had a science interview there could tell me what the presentation is like. The email I have says I'll be presenting it to a single interviewer, but is this really the case? I have a couple of things I want to hand out, but I don't want to only make two and find out ten people are watching (or the opposite!) They take a while to prepare and I'd rather spend the time on other things if possible.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Hello,
    I have an interview for secondary science at IoE in a couple of days and I was wondering whether someone who's had a science interview there could tell me what the presentation is like. The email I have says I'll be presenting it to a single interviewer, but is this really the case? I have a couple of things I want to hand out, but I don't want to only make two and find out ten people are watching (or the opposite!) They take a while to prepare and I'd rather spend the time on other things if possible.
    Thanks for any help!

3. I didn't interview at IOE but I did have a science secondary interview at KCL. We presented to all the other candidates as well. I'm not sure how long your presentation is (ours were 5 min) but if it is that short make sure you are not over complicating things. One of my fellow candidates did a demonstration and she just had too much to do in the time allowed so it was a bit confused. It probably would have been great as part of a lesson though. Can you make one of the things and have it passed around? I brought in a prop and just had it passed around the room. Good luck at your interview!

4. Thanks for the reply--it came during my interview though ;) It was only to the one tutor in the end which was what I prepared for so it was fine :) I think it went well, so now I'm playing the (hopeful) waiting game!
    How was your interview? I hope it went well :)