1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handing in notice

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by williams15feet, Oct 14, 2018.

1. williams15feet

williams15feet New commenter

Hi Can someone give me advice please. Some of it was on suppy, TA job temp part time pro rata ncc contract. Was made perm part time April 2014. We were taken over by Academy cannot remember when roughly 2015? but was still with ncc contract. I am thinking of leaving. I want to hand in my notice this Friday 20th oct period of 4 weeks last day of working10th nov. In my ncc contract in bold writing it states I must give as Least 4 weeks. Now, these weeks include oct half term hol. So Im asking. I am right to give 4 weeks? and will the oct hol being in the middle have an affect on my notice? I do have another job lined up.

2. sleeplessorphan

sleeplessorphan New commenter

4 weeks means 4 weeks from the date of the letter not four working weeks. You'll be fine; enjoy your new job.

pasimul likes this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Half term won't make any difference, but 20th October to 10th November is not four weeks. If you give your notice next Friday - which is 19th October, four weeks from then will be Friday 16th November. Can you talk to your Head asap - preferably tomorrow - and explain the situation? As you have another job to go to, they will hopefully be understanding and let you go when you want to. Good luck.