1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handing in notice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Happy Chappy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Please help- I understand that last day for resignation for new start in Sept was May 31st however there seems to be lots of jobs in my area that are being advertised now (june/ july closing dates for start in Sept. How is this possible? Is it down to HT decision?
    This seems to be the first year I have noticed the late applications- maybe because I'm looking!!

I would really appreciate some help am half torn about leaving my school in the lurch but there are many reasons for me to go and try a new school/new challenge etc.

Thanks in advance

2. Please help- I understand that last day for resignation for new start in Sept was May 31st however there seems to be lots of jobs in my area that are being advertised now (june/ july closing dates for start in Sept. How is this possible? Is it down to HT decision?
    This seems to be the first year I have noticed the late applications- maybe because I'm looking!!

I would really appreciate some help am half torn about leaving my school in the lurch but there are many reasons for me to go and try a new school/new challenge etc.

Thanks in advance

3. taj

taj

If you are already in a post and you get a new job starting in September, the last day to hand your resignation at your current school is 31st May. The vacancies being advertised now have been created by the teachers who have just handed in their notice. Heads are advertising for staff knowing full well that applicants are likely to be NQTs, unemployed teachers, or people on temporary contracts that run out at the end of this term.
    If you apply and were successful, you could ask your school to release you early, but they can say no. It usually depends how easy it will be for them to get someone to replace you/how keen they are to get rid of you!