1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

handing in notice - need advice!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by clangercrazy, May 24, 2011.

  1. clangercrazy

    clangercrazy New commenter

    Myself and my partner both teach and we want to move house and area and therefore jobs too. We've both been in our current jobs for 4 years. We have been applying for jobs and he has had 2 interviews (being male defo helps....) but no job yet. We are still applying for jobs that are out at the minute, which we would like, but the deadline for handing in notice is Friday. It's such a risk to take to hand in notice with no job to go to, even though we are both applying to lots at the mo and even thought hose deadlines aren't for a another few weeks.
    Anyone else absolutely hate this handing in notice deadline!?
    I don't know what to do. I want to move and leave and go elsewhere. But I want a job! And we are both in same position. So difficult. What other jobs make people do this?!?!
  2. I can completely understand the situation you are in as I too have found myself in a similar situation.

    I am looking to move to live with my partner and have Bern looking for jobs to start September. I too have four years teaching experience and have so far not had any luck getting shortlisted for interviews. Handing my notice in without a job to go to feels like a massive risk but feel like I'm putting my career before my partner if I don't. The financial risk is my main concern as well as the competition for jobs and insecurity supply teaching brings with it.

    I am yet to make my decision and can't see me making my mind up until the very last minute. It really is a pain having to give notice the way we do.

    I hope you make the right decision for you and your partner.

Share This Page