1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handing in my notice :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katieteach, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wanted some advice about handing in my notice. I started teaching part time (0.6 on a fixed term contract for a year) this week at a school where I was doing 1:1 tuition last year so wasn't on a contract, just employed as a casual worker. Due to changes in circumstances with my husbands job I am no longer able to work round childcare for my 2 year old. This is why I am planning on handing in my notice but was unsure of my notice period. My 'contract' says one month but didn't know if I would be expected to give half a term notice like when I had a permanent contract at my previous school. Thanks in advance for any advice x

2. Hi,
    Just wanted some advice about handing in my notice. I started teaching part time (0.6 on a fixed term contract for a year) this week at a school where I was doing 1:1 tuition last year so wasn't on a contract, just employed as a casual worker. Due to changes in circumstances with my husbands job I am no longer able to work round childcare for my 2 year old. This is why I am planning on handing in my notice but was unsure of my notice period. My 'contract' says one month but didn't know if I would be expected to give half a term notice like when I had a permanent contract at my previous school. Thanks in advance for any advice x

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

One month is one month.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

If the contract says one month then that is all you have to give. However, if you can give more notice it does give the school a chance to find a replacement. If you need to use them for a reference in the future you don't want to upset them - depends on how much difficulty you are in for child care.