1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handed my notice in!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skellig1182, Feb 24, 2011.

1. skellig1182

skellig1182 Occasional commenter

I will now be leaving at Easter! I am a little worried about the pressure I will be put under to stay but I know I am doing the right thing.

2. skellig1182

I will now be leaving at Easter! I am a little worried about the pressure I will be put under to stay but I know I am doing the right thing.

3. Good luck. Are you looking for another teaching post or something else. A decision I often think about but not quite brave enough. A teachers salary wouldn't be matched by many jobs where I live.

4. skellig1182

No job yet. I need a break and will do a little supply while i use up my savings. I intend on moving abroad to live with my partner in september so I will be looking out there for a perm position.

5. Sounds really good. I am trying in install the saying "it's only a job ! "

6. skellig1182

I know it will never just be a job. I put everything into it and adore my class. It is going to be very tough leaving them. I had to make a choice and i've decided that I need to address other aspects of my life asap. I have never really been happy since i started teaching even though i appreciate my role and think the kids are brilliant. I'm sure i will get back into it eventually but i just need a break.