1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handbag Dilemma

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Jul 3, 2011.

1. For starters ... if you hate bags ... why did you open my little thread xx

I have 3 bags sat next to me

A hippy style slouch, A Satchel type Kipling, and a Balloon type Nica

Holiday bags used for the last 3 years

Should I follow my beloved's advice and "Pick One" or follow my heart and go shopping for a new one

If I hear "do you really neeeeeeeed a new bag" again I will cry

2. You could try finding something important to worry about and stop being such a girly-wet.

cyolba, advice aplenty :)

3. I refer you to line 1 of the OP

4. I have a sturdy old bag I bought from C and A recently. Only the other day I gvce the plastic a wipe and it has come up lovely.

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

sell two of the bags on e-Bay, keep the one you use the most, do NOT buy a new one.

6. Does not compute ... should I sell all the others too

Of these three they have had equal use ... a summer each

ok

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Yes - you do not need more than one bag

8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Cheap, effective and free.
    [​IMG]

9. Buy the new bag. All your clothes will look different with the new bag so it is a cheap alternative to updating your wardrobe :)

10. Do you really need to ask this? The answer is obvious.
    Go shopping. You'll probably need new shoes as well.

11. I now understand ... the last 2 posts were especially helpful [​IMG]

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

And gloves.
    Stick with my idea.
    [​IMG]

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I disagree.
    Buy a whole new outfit to go with the bag.
    [​IMG]

14. The answer is obvious isn't it? Buy a new bag and if you see another one you like buy that as well. Someone mentioned shoes to go with the bag. Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it? [​IMG]

15. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm surprised at you, Nomad.
    I'd have expected Waitrose bags at the very least.

16. For holiday you need at least 3 bags surely? One for the aeroplane, one for the beach and one for the evening. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

17. I bought a new one in Zara for going away - it wasn't very expensive £29.99, and it held everything I needed for the journey.
    It isn't a really summery bag, so I will be able to continue to use it.

18. If in doubt, always buy the bag. Think of it not just as 'getting another bag', but more like making a new friend. Or gaining a new family member [​IMG]

19. Of course, this is the beach one [​IMG]

Sadly I have a very good airplane bag and cannot justify replacing it

Equally sadly ... evening bags are not exactly in short supply in my house

20. I also have a bag dilemma which you ladies may be able to help me with.
    All I want, and I could have sworn the shops were laden with them when I didn't want one, is a small, discreet silver bag. Not a two-foot baguette or clutch; not heaving with sequins, diamante or beads, just a plain modest small silver, not pewter, not grey satin, silver bag.
    Dune have a slightly dull (as in not overly shiny) one that would be OK but the display one looked desperately scuffed so probably not worth the gobsmacking £55 they're asking for it.[​IMG]
    I am only going to use it once so don't really wanrt to buy one at all. Would much prefer to scrounge..........