1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handa's Surprise

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Robin65, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Hi I am struggling to think of a role play area to fit in with our topic which is around Handa's Surprise. We will be reading other books from Africa and India. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Hi I am struggling to think of a role play area to fit in with our topic which is around Handa's Surprise. We will be reading other books from Africa and India. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance ;)

3. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Any ideas??? Please :)

4. Hi
    When we learned about Handa last year in my Reception class we had a fruit stall selling all Handa's favourite fruits. The children could price them, weigh them out and bag them up etc. They loved it. For the first day I used real fruits which they loved but obviously they didn't last very long. We just used pretend ones afterwards. :)

5. I did a safari role play with a tent, camo nets, binoculars, animal checklists etc, The chn made big pictures of the animals and these were included in the role play.
    I also made a simple book on animal prints and copied the print to roughly the right size then laminated them. Chn were so excited to use to book and find out which animal had walked across the classroom overnigh. My topic was linked to Kenya and animals though so this might not fit in with yours.
    If you do want copies of the prints/book I might still have them somewhere to email.

6. Hi got inspired after reading this - if you do find your copies can I be cheeky and ask for a copy please thank you :) rjklnots@aol.com

7. No probs. Have sent them.

8. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Thanks for your ideas. Yes please Bex 2606 I would love a copymy email is shirl.kiss@btinternet.com
    Thanks again :)

9. Have sent them

10. Hi if your still checking this - I am doing a topic on safari and africa after half term and I am looking for inspiration if you wouldn't mind emailing your plans.

Thank you so much
    rachx15@hotmail.com