1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Handa's surprise - literacy ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Spice0012, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

Hi i work with the lower ablitity yr 2 literacy groups, they are all working at the same level as lower year 1's. This week I would like to use the story Handa's surprise but seem stuck with ideas. I think I will photocopy a page from the book and they can write speech bubble thoughs of the animals but that is as far as I have got - one lesson!! please help

2. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

Hi i work with the lower ablitity yr 2 literacy groups, they are all working at the same level as lower year 1's. This week I would like to use the story Handa's surprise but seem stuck with ideas. I think I will photocopy a page from the book and they can write speech bubble thoughs of the animals but that is as far as I have got - one lesson!! please help

3. Hi jules here please may I have a copy of your lesson plans thanks. My email is jules27vw@yahoo.co.uk Much appreciated and will help although got to find the big book first!

4. Hi,
    I know this thread was from a few years back but if you still have a copy of the Handa's Surprise lesson plans i would be so grateful to receive a copy please, if you wouldnt mind.
    Many thanks,

Gail (gailswalker@hotmail.com)

5. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hello everyone
    Thanks for your contributions to our forums.
    We notice that many of you post regarding your available free resources but have you ever thought about uploading the URL to our resource area?
    By doing so it would mean the recommended resource would be seen by hundreds of thousands of teachers who regularly search for resources.
    If you are looking for any resources, the best place to look is in our resource area. In addition, to avoid forum members posting email addresses publicly (a spam magnet) and to avoid having to email individuals, you could upload your resource and make it available to a larger number of teachers who would benefit.
    You can do this from the following page:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/resourceUpload_step1.aspx
    If you would prefer to contact the OP, it's best to send a PM. Click the username and click Send a message. We are locking this thread to prevent further users from exposing their email addresses and anyone who wishes to have their post removed, please click report abuse on your own post.
    Best wishes