1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hamlet SOW

Discussion in 'English' started by supa_dupa, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Woud anyone have any Hamlet resources. Starting it as a new unit and i'm stuck for ideas!

2. Woud anyone have any Hamlet resources. Starting it as a new unit and i'm stuck for ideas!

3. What year?
    if a level which board? Coursework or exam? I have some specific resources for Y12 AQA B Coursework. Post e mail address and i'll send them on to you

4. Hi,
    I'm also about to teach AQA Lit B spec in Sep and I would really appreciate any Hamlet resources! Maybe we can swap some SOW / resources?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

5. i have no scheme of work but i've just uploaded some hamlet resources - one of them is from the RSC and there's some lovely ideas in it
    hope they are useful ...

6. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

Remember that the focus of this is tragedy. Students are expected to know the conventions of tragedy and discuss the play with particular focus on that aspect of the play. IIRC, the word limit is around 1500, so they need to be very concise.
    My first move would be to acquire a copy of 'The Cambridge Introduction to Tragedy' - Amazon has it.

7. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon New commenter

I'm teaching Hamlet for the first time too with AQA B next year. Would be good to swap ideas/resources. Thanks for the ideas posted so far. I would also recommend Shakespeare Hamlet a student guide by Paul Canor Cambridge University Press it has a good section on 'The tragedy of Hamlet.' Also the AQA B student book for AS.