1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hamilton Trust - Numeracy MTP and Strategy MTP links?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ERU, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ERU

ERU New commenter

Hello all,
    I've been slowly using more of the ideas from the Hamilton Trust Maths. I have now decided to use it again this term but i'm having problems linking the Hamilton Trust MTP objectives with the Numeracy Strategy objectives. I'm also noticing that the Hamilton Trust have changed the wording of some slightly.
    Essentially what i'm trying to do is find which Numeracy blocks/units the Hamilton plans are reffering to from the startegy ... and write the strategy's objectives in my own MTP. My school requires me to put the governments numeracy strategy objectives into my MTP with the relevant stands...

Is there an easy way to do this? Pref copy and paste?
    Thanks

2. ERU

ERU New commenter

Hello all,
    I've been slowly using more of the ideas from the Hamilton Trust Maths. I have now decided to use it again this term but i'm having problems linking the Hamilton Trust MTP objectives with the Numeracy Strategy objectives. I'm also noticing that the Hamilton Trust have changed the wording of some slightly.
    Essentially what i'm trying to do is find which Numeracy blocks/units the Hamilton plans are reffering to from the startegy ... and write the strategy's objectives in my own MTP. My school requires me to put the governments numeracy strategy objectives into my MTP with the relevant stands...

Is there an easy way to do this? Pref copy and paste?
    Thanks

3. There should be some sort of matching doc on hamiltontrust linking teaching sequences to strategy objectives.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I have searched and can't find a ready made resources out there - but perhaps some else knows about or has such a resource and will tell you about it
    The only way I can see for you to do this - albeit a very slow process I fear, is to download the Hamilton plans for the term in Word. Then download the core learning objectives from the strategies site, also in word.
    I can find this download that is actually for matching the NS to the NC 2000. Is there a document to download that just has the current objectives in table form and in Word? Anyway, with this chart you could delete the NC2000 text and cut and paste the Hamilton references in.
    This link gives you all years - you don't say what year group you teach:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/64677?uc=force_uj
    This is a link to another document on the NS site - it has just the current objectives - but in pdf so you can't edit it.
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/48369
    I hope there is an easier way out there and that someone gets back to you with it. It all seems such a waste of time - especially when the curriculum is in such a state of flux at the moment.
    Good luck - I think you are going to need it!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

P.S. This is assuming the maths plans eg: http://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/Maths/plans already on the site are not sufficient for what you are being asked to do. This is the section I was suggesting you downloaded in Word for your cut and paste task.
    Marlin