1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ham joint in slow cooker

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Mathsatheart, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hiya - I am looking for some advice as to how much stock I put in with the joint in my slow cooker ... do I cover it? or should there just be enough to create steam?
    The recipes I can find say to put it on high for 1 hour and then low for anything up to 6 hours ... would it be ok to do 4 hours on high? as I have to go out about 2 ish? (its 1.5kg so only a tiddler)
    Thanks in advance for the advice?

2. Hiya - I am looking for some advice as to how much stock I put in with the joint in my slow cooker ... do I cover it? or should there just be enough to create steam?
    The recipes I can find say to put it on high for 1 hour and then low for anything up to 6 hours ... would it be ok to do 4 hours on high? as I have to go out about 2 ish? (its 1.5kg so only a tiddler)
    Thanks in advance for the advice?

3. I usually cover mine with water, stick it on low and leave it all day. I don't think you can really overcook it. It will need leaving when it comes out though because it is so tender it will just fall apart if you try and slice it. Save the stock because it makes lovely soup.