1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

half-term planning - History, toys.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lauly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hello Everyone!

I am doing my first half-term plan for my PGCE placement. I am in a Early Years Foundation Phase School in Wales - in reception class. I am doing the topic of Toys for history and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice. I am planning for 5 weeks (as per my university requirements). I am doing one session in a week with a full class of 30 (split into five groups) for five weeks.

I was thinking:

Week one - Favorite toys (read dogger) - so talking about new toys.
    Week two - Toys as a baby (their past) and then move oneto toys as a toddler.
    Week three - bring in a suitcase of old and new toys and pretend I found it on a train - to help them identify which are old and which are new.
    Week four - Different types of toys (I may change week three and four around).
    Week five - ///// unsure/////

I would really appreciate some advice - I am finding this really hard! I have been told that I really need to concentrate on keeping it age specific and also that I need to provide them with the tools and means tolearn how to be able to differentiate old from new.

Many thanks

Lauly

2. Hello Everyone!

I am doing my first half-term plan for my PGCE placement. I am in a Early Years Foundation Phase School in Wales - in reception class. I am doing the topic of Toys for history and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice. I am planning for 5 weeks (as per my university requirements). I am doing one session in a week with a full class of 30 (split into five groups) for five weeks.

I was thinking:

Week one - Favorite toys (read dogger) - so talking about new toys.
    Week two - Toys as a baby (their past) and then move oneto toys as a toddler.
    Week three - bring in a suitcase of old and new toys and pretend I found it on a train - to help them identify which are old and which are new.
    Week four - Different types of toys (I may change week three and four around).
    Week five - ///// unsure/////

I would really appreciate some advice - I am finding this really hard! I have been told that I really need to concentrate on keeping it age specific and also that I need to provide them with the tools and means tolearn how to be able to differentiate old from new.

Many thanks

Lauly