1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Half days

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by salimali15, Mar 9, 2019.

1. salimali15

salimali15 New commenter

I have seen a teaching post advertised for mornings only. No pro rata salary has been noted. I've looked at the timings of the day on their website and can see that the morning session is quite a lot longer than the afternoon. Does anyone know if it is usual that such a contract would be more than 0.5 as it accounts for more than 50% of the contact time? Just trying to work out if it's worth my while applying.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

3. SayItLikeItIs

SayItLikeItIs New commenter

It could be that the post is not for the full morning and that it genuinely is a 0.5 contract. But some years ago I worked for an academy chain which wanted me to work for the full morning on 0.5 pay, whereas the actual teaching hours were 0.6. I took the job. It did not end well. Find out. Because unless you are really desperate for this job - or you are a saint - you may end up really resenting it.