1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hairy Bikers

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by dozymare1957, Aug 21, 2012.

1. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I've just started watching the Hairy Bikers. I've never seen them before. I don't think I'll ever watch them again.
    They are munching and slurping their way through various types of seafood. It's revolting. Not the seafood, but listening to the noises they are making.
    They look dirty to me too. I don't think I could eat anything they had cooked, I'd be expecting to find lots of hair in the food.
    Do other people like them - is it just me?

2. No, I am not a fan either.
    I find their chuntering really annoying and none of their jokes funny.
    And so far, no recipe has grabbed me as something I would like to try. Although I did enjoy some of the programmes where they travelled through Europe, but rather because it was interesting to hear about the food culture, rather than because of them (I did cringe a bit when they were in Germany, it was so cliched).
    I know they do have a very large fan base though. My step-dad enjoys watching them (God knows why - he doesn't like cooking!)

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Not really a fan either - I've been watching their latest series because of the healthy eating spin and because nutrition fascinates me.

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I am afraid I rather like them !
    They are light hearted and I like the way they tell you about the background to the food from the different countries.
    I made their healthier cassoulet the other day and I am going to make their healthier chicken korma tomorrow.

5. *whispers* They got bits wrong though [​IMG]
    Not seen any of the programmes with the healthy eating spin.
    The last I saw in the UK was where they were going around asking mothers for their best recipes...
    It involved lots of hair flicking, which really annoyed me.

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Forgot to say that I saw them at food festival a couple of years back and they were totally vulgar, making crude gestures with a cucumber.

7. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Only started watching them recently for the 'diet' recipes and i am finding them unwatchable already. Part of it is the endless repetition on the programmes which got so boring last night that i turned it off. Not too keen on their endless patronising banter either.

8. Enjoyed the Norfolk one, the crab cakes looked lovely.
    whether you like them or not, they do cook together really well from what I saw, they have a great
    understanding of what the other is doing.

9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Made their healthier chicken korma last night-it was delicious.Am going for the low fat chilli tonight.