1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hairdressers -the real rulers of the world!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by char2505, Dec 22, 2010.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Grrr! Treated myself to a new hairdo today and asked for shoulder length bob. Ended up with a flapper style chin length 'do and my face looks HUUUUGE! Just in time for Christmas :(

2. Did you complain?

3. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Of course not! I'm British!

4. More fool you then! [​IMG] I had a stand in hairdresser ruin my hair once when I was 16 so all I paid was for the wash and blow dry.
    Now I will only let my regular hairdresser touch my hair. She has been doing it for 5 years and I trust her and only her! Was quite frustrating when she went on maternity leave [​IMG]

5. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I had my lucky charm hairdresser, but then went and blummin' moved to a different city!

6. Where you also specific in what you asked for with regards to the length you wanted, and must have?

That said he/she should've known what would and would not suit you

7. You should have done. If you wanted shoulder length, she had no right to make it chin length.
    I would not have paid.

8. Complaining is a must! I treated myself to a really good haircut from a different hairdresser than I usually use, this was because I was expecting to be going through chemo and I thought I'd go short gradually. I had long hair and explained carefully that I wanted to be able to still put it up. Worst haircut I ever had. I complained loudly and got a full apology, an acknowledgement that it was a dreadful haircut, full refund and the cost of my normal hairdressers rescue job on it.

9. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

You must have had the same hairdresser as me then! I had my hair cut in May and asked for the back to be a bit higher so it didn't curl. She then cut it as it slanted forward so short at the back and long at the front. To add to insult, she cut it whilst wet on a side parting then cut it whilst dry on my middle parting! I didn't realise until I got home how bad it was.
    I still go to the same place but I have my normal hairdresser who cuts my hair beautifully.

10. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I was so specific that I took in a photo! Thought 'on my shoulders' was specific enough without though. Ah well, I reckon we've all been done over by hairdressers in the past. I did say it was shorter than expected, but that was the limit to my bravery! It's a good cut, just don't think it suits me.

11. I think you have to build up a relationship with your hairdresser so he/she know what you like and expect. I've been with mine around 5 years since she worked for a salon and now she's opened her own and I followed her to it. Yesterday I went and was given hot chocolate with baileys in and a hot water bottle to hold because I was cold! Not only that I was only having a trim but she asked when I was coming for a colour and I said in the New Year as I was skint due to Christmas-so she put in a few highlights ' to brighten it up' and refused payment saying it was a Christmas present-how nice is that!?

12. I agree lager.
    I think my hairdresser is absolutely fab. I enjoy going to have my hair done as it is like going to see a friend for a few hours. She gives a generous discount to long term clients on certain days so she always makes sure she has me booked in during school holidays to get the money off.
    Everyone in the salon gets silly little cups to drink their tea/coffee out of, but she always makes sure mine is in a big mug...trivial but it makes me feel special! [​IMG]

13. charlotte.johnson06

I agree. I have been with mine for about 3 years but I get a haircut every six months or for special occasions. I have quite thick hair so I'm worried that if I go elsewhere to get it cut I will end up with a mushroom bob when it's wet!

14. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Charlotte, we must have had same hairdressers -I thought 'mushroom bob' was my own phrase?! I have thick hair too and I hate when it bouffs ('to bouff' -if it's not a verb it should be!)up.
    The rest of you guys are making me mourn my old regular hairdresser -that's it, I'm quitting the job and relocating to Staffordshire!
    x.

15. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

ah the joy of being a man

£15 for a set of dubbers = 10 years of bliss!

16. char2505

char2505 New commenter

'Dubbers'?!

17. charlotte.johnson06

Dubbers indeed...
    I once had my hair cut when I was 15 and it ended up in a mushroom bob when wet because the hairdresser hadn't accounted for it.
    My current hairdresser is trained and able to deal with my hair. I go back on 29th December just to have it cut by her! [​IMG]

18. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I will pray to the God of hairdressers for you!

19. charlotte.johnson06

Thank you.
    Hairius Dressimus lol.

20. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

[​IMG]