1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hair volumiser - what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MaisieMai, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MaisieMai

MaisieMai New commenter

For years I used GHD's 'Fat Hair' which was brilliant. However, the company has discontinued it now and I can't find anything that volumises, protects the hair from heat and isn't sticky and claggy.
    What do posters recomment please? We're talking short, fine hair.
    Thank you for your time.

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I recommend not using advertisers' neologisms like "volumiser" = what's wrong with embiggener?

3. Babyliss Big Hair? Having used it myself but bought it for someone after reading good reviews.

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Two egg whites whisked to stiff peaks. Fold into hair. Place head in hot oven for 25 minutes.

5. MaisieMai

MaisieMai New commenter

LOL Nick and doomzebra. Will look into Babyliss - thanks.

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

the Babyliss big Hair thingy works really well. I got one last month for £29 from Amazon, but they are around £40 most places.
    I've got very fine hair that flattens straight away. With some VO5 'product', and a whizz with the Babyliss, it can now be quite bouncy for a while.

8. MaisieMai

MaisieMai New commenter

Thank you everybody. Will look into it all at half term.

9. My embiggening method is to use Curl Activator on toweled hair right at the scalp and massage it into the rooty bits, stand bent over with head upside down and hair dangling and rumple and scrunch at the roots turning the hairdryer down to warm then cool over the 5 mins I spend doing it.
    Then a really light good-old-fashioned hairspray - sprayed in the vague direction of my head then waft my head through it.
    Problem is it doesn't always work - when it does Bingo - Great hair when it doesn't I just think oh Bum - and put the blowers on full-in-your-face mode in the car and hope for the best.

By the way - long thick misbehaving tending-to-heaviness brunette