1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hair testing

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by lilachardy, Feb 25, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

What are your thoughts on services such as the one in the link below?
    http://www.bionetics.co.uk/
    A friend of mine is utterly convinced that this is the key to my future health - it will reveal things I don't know about myself and will allow me to control my health in the future.
    I see it as a company potentially preying on the vulnerable and selling supplements at high prices!

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

2. lilachardy

What are your thoughts on services such as the one in the link below?
    http://www.bionetics.co.uk/
    A friend of mine is utterly convinced that this is the key to my future health - it will reveal things I don't know about myself and will allow me to control my health in the future.
    I see it as a company potentially preying on the vulnerable and selling supplements at high prices!

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Totally useless procedure. Pseudoscientific con!

4. Seconded. Take a multivitamin.

5. lilachardy

I'm glad we agree!
    I wonder if I'm overly cynical sometimes... that's all!

6. I embrace many aspects of alternative medicine, but hair testing in this way is b*llocks (in my humble opinion). Same for kinesiology.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

A close friend of mine is an experienced and highly-qualified medical herbalist who teaches at a university. She is completely down-to-earth and not averse to using conventional medicine when necessary. She is as sceptical about the wilder shores of 'alternative' medicine as I am.
    Just wanted to set the record straight.

8. I'll give most things a try, but not sure I'd go for the hair thing!
    However, very many years ago I went to a kinesiologist for my IBS and had amazing results! IBS cleared up straightaway and lost almost two stone within a fortnight (when my IBS is bad, I put on a lot of weight). Lasted a whole year!