1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hair salon/ Barbers role play

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by skills324, Jan 4, 2011.

1. skills324

skills324 New commenter

I am doing this as my role play for the next few weeks. Has anyone done this before. If so can you give me any tips on what worked well for you. Also does anyonehave any resources or links to websites they could share.

rich1111283@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

2. skills324

skills324 New commenter

I am doing this as my role play for the next few weeks. Has anyone done this before. If so can you give me any tips on what worked well for you. Also does anyonehave any resources or links to websites they could share.

rich1111283@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

3. Although not done this a role play myself there are a couple of resources on **********.

4. skills324

skills324 New commenter

I can't seem to find anything on sparkle box

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

6. skills324

skills324 New commenter

Is there any other resources available from any other websites that anyone knows about?

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

A quick search found these
    https://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=3001190
    http://www.primaryplan.co.uk/Role-Play/Hairdressers-Role-Play-Pack/prod_170.html

8. I could possible make some resources over the next few days [​IMG]

9. This has always been a big hit with my children every year. Yes, I know the threat of headlice is always there but I have never had any evidence of the children catching headlice through this kind of role play. Maybe just lucky.
    I looked for 'short hairstyles' 'Long hairstyles' Curly/Spiky/straight etc. on the Internet. I also used some of my fancy dress wigs (these usually get tangled towards the end and need binning) but great fun especially when they transform me with the wig and rollers. I use foam rollers so that they don't get stuck in hair. I have a matal tall slim draw unit that has a label on each draw and picture (combs, hairdryers, rollers, mirrors, straightners etc.). Some of the electrical things are new but from a car boot for a £1 and I cut off the plugs.

So many things can be gathered so easily.

Have fun, it will be a great success.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

Everything but the scissors!
    Only joking, though we did have an incident a few years ago... you can imagine. It's a lovely role-play. Don't forget the magazines [including hairdressers' journals so they can talkk about styles] and chairs for them to wait on. The funniest thing is seeing children sitting patiently waiting for their turn!