1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hair loss after pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by bunique, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Another one of those lovely pregnancy and birth related side effects that nobody warns you about! LO is 10 weeks old and for the last week my hair is falling out all over the place. Had to clear the shower plug three times this morning (I already had v thick hair pre-pregnancy)! I know it's because in pregnancy you lose less hair and is totally normal, but at what point did your hair stop falling out? I feel like a moulting dog!

2. Another one of those lovely pregnancy and birth related side effects that nobody warns you about! LO is 10 weeks old and for the last week my hair is falling out all over the place. Had to clear the shower plug three times this morning (I already had v thick hair pre-pregnancy)! I know it's because in pregnancy you lose less hair and is totally normal, but at what point did your hair stop falling out? I feel like a moulting dog!

3. Mine came out after 4 weeks - freaked me out! I tend to moult a lot anyway and it settled back to normal after 2 or 3 weeks. I have a sad skinny ponytail now though :( !

4. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Luckily I have escaped this so far ~ LO 10 weeks- but my hair is rapidly going grey, I'm only 26! My pregnancy book says hair loss after birth is temporary but it's still horrible. ((((())))

5. My LO is 6 months and it's just starting to subside. It's horrid!

6. handrail

handrail New commenter

LO is 5 months and I'm still losing loads of hair. The carpets in our flat our covered, I find them everywhere :eek:(

7. It started for me when LO was about 12 weeks old. It took about a month for the shedding to stop but the re-growth now at 9 months post-partum is just depressing. I have little sea-horses sprouting out all over my scalp. I have a 'mini-fringe' and have stopped wearing my hair in a bun as it looks ridiculous! Sob.

8. This does not bode well for my wedding hair, ha [​IMG]

9. I got quite freaked out by my receding hair line - I thought I was going to end up balder than my husband!. Is it called a widow's peak? Not really sure if it's all grown back - I've stopped inspecting as it got quite depressing. Luckily, I have the scruffiest hair do in the world, so it doesn't show too much!