1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hair extensions...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blackpurse, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Have you had them? Do you know if they settle down after a while?
    I've just had them done. I love them, but I'm finding it hard to sleep with them in and my head is sore. I've had them in nearly 72 hours.
    Thank you for your advice

2. No - and I would never, under any circumstances, have them.
    They are tacky and it is always possible to tell if someone is wearing them. Another point: how can anyone wear someone else's dead hair on their head?
    I think they can also drag on your own hair so much, you are liable to end up with bald patches.

3. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Funnyandfree, that was entirely unhelpful. Why have you commented on a thread simply to insult the OP?

OP, I haven't had extensions, but my colleague says hers took about 5 or 6 days to settle down. If you're worried, I'd go and see your hairdresser.

4. lighthouse_keeper

lighthouse_keeper New commenter

Funnyandfree - I don't think the OP particularly wanted to know your opinion of hair extensions in general - she wanted to know if anyone had ever them and could therefore offer advice. Seeing as she's already had them put in, it's quite rude to say they're tacky. I wonder if you would say that in a face-to-face conversation?

5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Not entirely unhelpful. The warning about bald patches is entirely apposite.

6. Thank you.
    Are you speaking from personal experience?

7. oh dear

8. Actually, I wouldn't ever be having a conversation with someone who was *wearing* hair extensions.

9. [​IMG]

Mrs Rooney. Proof.

10. Actually, I wouldn't ever be having a conversation with someone who was *wearing* hair extensions.

SOKB

11. What does sokb mean..?

12. How do you know you already haven't? Quite an odd remark, are there any other groups of people you refuse to speak to, people with piercings or who wear mascara perhaps?
    Hope it settles down soon OP

13. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

Hi OP, I had hair extensions, and they were a bit uncomfortable at first but they settled down. You'll be getting used to the extra weight on your hair and that the hair has been put in little bundles. It will settle down in a couple of days, just persevere! And no, unless you had huge heavy extensions for a long time you won't get bald patches. Enjoy, I loved mine...

14. What does sokb mean..?
    It's something seapink invented...splutter over keyboard ( or spray)