1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Had interview, now playing The Waiting Game...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lauralulu, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I've had my interview at Sheffield Hallam for Early Years PGCE. I think it went well enough, although the maths test could have gone a lot better, for some reason despite doing loads of revision off GCSE bitesize, my mind went completely blank which then sent me into a panic, don't think I've ever gone to pieces so much on a test before in my life! Think nerves very much got the better of me because I've always felt maths to be a struggle for me. Thankfully I composed myself before the individual interview and managed I think to come across like myself and show my enthusiasm without being a bumbling nervous idiot! Good luck to those who still have interviews to come! I'd say it feels good to get it over but I actually feel worse now than before, something to do with my body going AHHHH and relaxing and then germs that were lurking going WAHEY, now's the time to strike! Just glad they didn't get me before the interview!

2. I've had my interview at Sheffield Hallam for Early Years PGCE. I think it went well enough, although the maths test could have gone a lot better, for some reason despite doing loads of revision off GCSE bitesize, my mind went completely blank which then sent me into a panic, don't think I've ever gone to pieces so much on a test before in my life! Think nerves very much got the better of me because I've always felt maths to be a struggle for me. Thankfully I composed myself before the individual interview and managed I think to come across like myself and show my enthusiasm without being a bumbling nervous idiot! Good luck to those who still have interviews to come! I'd say it feels good to get it over but I actually feel worse now than before, something to do with my body going AHHHH and relaxing and then germs that were lurking going WAHEY, now's the time to strike! Just glad they didn't get me before the interview!

3. Sorry to hear that the maths didn't go as well as you would have liked - you have probably done much better than you think though and I think the interview is the most important part.
    I had my PGCE interview yesterday and I left feeling quite happy, but all day today I have been doubting myself and thinking of things I could have said or done differently.
    The waiting game is not one I like playing - the suspense is killing me already! Hope you get good news soon.

4. Hey Blossom! I only had to wait a week thankfully and now I have an unconditional offer to do Early Years at Sheffield Hallam I am sooo excited. I hope you find out soon too xx