1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Had a year off. What's been happening?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Janeeastham, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I completed my foundation degree in primary teaching & learning last year then deferred my final year at uni to have a baby. I'm due back at uni in September & a little worried that I haven't been in a classroom for a year. Have I missed anything? The last thing I remember was the "new primary curriculum" being axed by the new government. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been listening to much on the news either (having a baby is a job in itself!!!) I would appreciate any updates. Thanks!

2. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

One word ..... Gove

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

If you are used to dealing with a squawking, sulky baby then Gove is more of the same!
    You need to update on the changes to the curriculum particularly the National Strategies demise - check the primary forum.Otherwise there has and will be considerable impact from the reduction in childrens services and the impact of academies and free schools- check BBCwebsite archive and of course the TES

4. One word.... ***!