1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gut instincts/working environments/right paths

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Happyregardless, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

Interesting - such a build up to application, thought I would be gutted if and when I didn't get the job but now, not getting the job felt like 'relief'?
    I still have until the end of term to work there so I guess I have to face all the faked sympathy etc from colleagues lol but while it was all good experience, I was in 'uphill' stressy emotional state leading up to it and as soon as I knew, driving home, I just felt relief and kind of like 'freedom' once more?
    How much do you think 'gut instincts' play in knowing whether a particular working environment is right for you in your opinion?

2. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

Interesting - such a build up to application, thought I would be gutted if and when I didn't get the job but now, not getting the job felt like 'relief'?
    I still have until the end of term to work there so I guess I have to face all the faked sympathy etc from colleagues lol but while it was all good experience, I was in 'uphill' stressy emotional state leading up to it and as soon as I knew, driving home, I just felt relief and kind of like 'freedom' once more?
    How much do you think 'gut instincts' play in knowing whether a particular working environment is right for you in your opinion?

3. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

There is a saying that all experiences whether good or bad are an opportunity for us to ask, 'What have I learnt from this?'
    When doors close, new ones open and you should be grateful that you are receptive to that and not dwelling on the negatives. People may think you are barmy but you are in a good place where you can make better decisions. I hope the ideal situation comes for you soon.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

On the positive side, you weren't offered the post though still disappointing not to be picked and will be difficult going in to school for the last few weeks and you've got some 'good experience' behind you.
    As to
    I'd say absolutely essential that you and your working environment 'match'. Initial impressions are quite good at flagging up things subconsciously, but I tend to want to 'check' whether the initial impression is in fact correct. Sometimes it may be the circumstances on a particular day -just like with the children.
    You need to know what to look for too and if you haven't much experience. it's difficult to really know what that is.
    Anyway it's alwasy difficult to be rejected so here's a consolation posy and a much better use of tissues.
    [​IMG]