1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guilt trip: in and out of work like a yo yo

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by minakim, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I have two daughters who are 23 months and 10 months. Towards the end of last term I was in and out of work due to my youngest having diarrhoea linked to teething. She is still having this trouble on and off (good days and bad). I missed the last two days of the end of term and feel all at sea as I had to cart my pooey baby into school on the last day to get my laptop as I was told reports were due in the first week back! I fear I am going to go through more of the same when term starts again.
    I am basically off loading here! I just feel sometimes like I shouldnt do a job I can't fufill my responsibilities.I even felt bad when the pay check came at the end of the month as it felt like money for nothing!
    Is this the burden all working Mums have or should I just grow a backbone and get on with it?![​IMG]

2. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I thought diarrhoea was part and parcel of teething? I know I could always anticipate a tooth coming by the state of nappies! I just sent her off to the CM with extra nappies.....as long as there was no other sign of illness (high temp, lethargy etc) Then again, maybe I'm just a bad mum....

3. Is it a policy of the nursery to send home babies with diarrhoea? If not, I would send baby in- they will be well looked after.

Unfortunately, babies don't always fit in with work- and guit is all part of being a mum.