1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

guided writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teacherman2, Dec 21, 2011.

1. teacherman2

teacherman2 New commenter

Hi,
    I don't suppose anyone has any examples they might be willing to share of written plans for this?
    Thank you so much,
    Rob.

2. teacherman2

Hi,
    I don't suppose anyone has any examples they might be willing to share of written plans for this?
    Thank you so much,
    Rob.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Isn't it just a part of normal literacy lessons? Just one of many different teaching styles?

4. This is a bizarre request; guided writing has a secific focus for the group you want to guide so no planning would be available to share. It also depends on the genre, unit, phase, age and ability of each child in your. Class, not to mention must also follow the school policy. I'm afraid i'd be very surprised if anyone could help you here.

5. As previous poster has said, it totally depends on the needs of the children. Using AfL, decide what a group of children need as the next step to develop their writing and plan it with modelling from yourself.

6. teacherman2

Hello again,
    please accpet my apologies for any misleading. I do understand the nature of guided writing. I would like to develop it much more within my own practice and am more interested in how other people record it to aid my own recording.
    Sorry if this does not make sense. I just fancy having a look at some examples to see what recorded guided writing looks like and what the step by step procedure looks like rather than how to target it. I do of course understand that it is best to use app and afl for targetting.
    Apologies once again,
    Sorry.
    Rob.
    p.s. thank you for your help already - much appreciated.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm so sorry, but I still don't see how to help, much as I would like to.

It seems a bit like 'Can I look at your plan to see how peer talk works?' or 'Can I look at a plan to see how AfL works?' It simply isn't really possible.

For recording, either I write with ideas from the children or they write step by step with ideas/guidance from me. But the fine details of how that works aren't on a plan. I hope that makes sense.