1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guided reading resources

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Pumpkin05, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I'm a literacy co-ordinator and want to buy some guided reading resources for years 3-6. Does anyone know any good companies that sell guided reading books?

2. I'm a literacy co-ordinator and want to buy some guided reading resources for years 3-6. Does anyone know any good companies that sell guided reading books?

3. madeleine lindley (.com I think)

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Usborne First Reading and Usborne Young Reading are good quality and low budget.

5. We use the lightning series (think it might be called pelican for KS1 set). They have teacher's books with some photocopiable follow up activities and each book has similar texts but with 3 levels and are suggested for specific year groups and even terms. E.g. the book about myths is for Yr 3 Term 2 to fit in with Lit framework and has stories for 3 different sub-levels, starting at 2c/b I think.

6. man501

man501 New commenter

7. Read and respond by scholastic are quite good.