1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guided reading plans for year 5 or 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sparkle888, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any guided reading plans for year 5 or 6 that they can email to me that I can adapt? I'm starting my NQT year and I am completely lost with my planning for guided reading and my head wants all plans in on monday! On the plus side I think I have everything else sorted! Thanks for your help in advance x

2. Does anyone have any guided reading plans for year 5 or 6 that they can email to me that I can adapt? I'm starting my NQT year and I am completely lost with my planning for guided reading and my head wants all plans in on monday! On the plus side I think I have everything else sorted! Thanks for your help in advance x

3. I hadn't looked at the library for some time but having checked, there are in fact about ten titles with a space theme which even your poorest readers could tackle - the support is such that they will be able to read them to an adult (or to their table group) with confidence. They have the advantage of course that they cost nothing!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

And the 'disadvantage' that you could not use them as part of your own GR timetable, but need a TA or other adult available for time to read with each child every single day.

And that they are not the class lesson plans you are asking for, but a whole program for your less able readers/writers.

I don't write 'plans' for GR, just a timetable. I do add in the focus for the group I am with, but that is all.