1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guided Reading Objectives

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bernie1011, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Iv been searching for guided reading objectives but can't seem to find any so was wondering does anyone have a list of objectives for guided reading that you may use?
    I am in a reception/year 1 class and am starting guided reading 'properly' and to be honest, struggling with the objectives. And also any planning sheets you may use as at the moment im planning for every single session rather than a termly/few weeks plan

Any resources on this would be greatlyappreciated.
    My email address is Bernie1011@sky.com
    Thank you

2. Hi all,
    Iv been searching for guided reading objectives but can't seem to find any so was wondering does anyone have a list of objectives for guided reading that you may use?
    I am in a reception/year 1 class and am starting guided reading 'properly' and to be honest, struggling with the objectives. And also any planning sheets you may use as at the moment im planning for every single session rather than a termly/few weeks plan

Any resources on this would be greatlyappreciated.
    My email address is Bernie1011@sky.com
    Thank you

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I'm in Year 6, so quite a way away from you, education speaking! However, I use the Assessment Foci for reading, which I find helps children answer reading test questions as they get used to the way questions are asked and answered.
    Sorry it's not much help, but just questioning children in relation to AF2-7 will benefit them long-term, I think.

4. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

If you look at this site: http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/english/englishE3.htm and check out the resource on the right hand side by Gemma Jackson - it has targets for p levels to level 2a. May help?