1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

guided reading linked to APP please help!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blue3, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi does anyone have or could recommend any really good guided reading schemes or a book that has questions with APP links.
    I am in year 4 and our topics are India, The Tudors, Habitats and WW2. I have tried, where possible to use real text books and come up with my own questions ref them to APP, however having 5 different differentiated groups means 5 different text books and it takes ages and i worry that i am not asking enough in depth questioning.
    Please someone save me some time!!
    Many thanks in advance

2. Get yourself onto the lancs literacy consultants site and download the questions for guided reading.

3. lindsay84

lindsay84 New commenter

Thanks for this, I found it really useful!

4. I would look at the end of year outcomes first - strands 7 and 8 I think off hand. Prioritise which parts of those your groups need to focus on, then which APP AF they link to. Then you can use the questions suggested on Lancs site (devon has some good ideas too) to focus on. We have always been told on our Lit co training courses, not to teach to the AFs, but the end of year outcomes as set out in the strategy.
    Hope this helps