1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guided Reading Comprehension Tasks

Discussion in 'Primary' started by monkey1, Feb 19, 2012.

1. I am wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some resources.
    During guided reading session over the next two half terms I am wanting to work with my guided reading groups on answering comprehension questions. Each group has a 20 minute slot once a week with myself or a TA where I want them to read independlty a short piece of text and then answer different type of questions and different ways of recording answers.
    We do have comprehension books in school that we work from for comrphension lessons once a fortnight and for homework - so I don't really want to use those as sometimes the texts are quite long.
    I have 6 groups ranging from 2C - 4C so am looking for short extracts of text that are easily accessible so we can look at a new one each week. Any suggestions?