1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guide to national strategy objectives- What do they mean?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pottyparrot, Aug 27, 2012.

1. This might seem dim, but sometimes when I look at the unit summaries for literacy I don't understand what the objectives mean. Does anyone know of a guide that explains what the objectives mean?

2. I don't have an answer I'm afraid but just wanted to say that you are not dim. I am exactly the same even after 2 years of teaching I find it all confusing. Last year I felt like my class made progress in spite of me rarther than because of and find literacy planning a nightmare, I feel I use so many sources that my plans are not really coherent or well structured.
    Sorry not to be helpful but it is a relief to be able to admit to the above which I worry about constantly.

3. Thanks for the message, it is reassuring to hear others are the same :) x

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Which objectives are you talking about? I don't use the framework anymore, but don't remember there being a big issue.