1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guidance for educational settings

Discussion in 'Education news' started by elksnow, May 29, 2020.

1. elksnow

elksnow New commenter

This is government guidance: https://web.archive.org/web/2020052...idance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
    Really concerned about this part:

If a member of staff has helped someone who was taken unwell with coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, they do not need to go home unless they develop symptoms themselves. They should wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds after any contact with someone who is unwell. Cleaning the area with normal household disinfectant after someone with symptoms has left will reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.

so this means we will be working with people who have been exposed....

agathamorse likes this.
  2. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

It makes me thinks of this.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. CabbageWhite20

CabbageWhite20 Occasional commenter

I supppse it’s only referring to someone with symptoms - once someone tests positive then the whole track and trace/isolation rules would kick in. Isolating everyone who is near someone with a cough/temperature in a school would send a lot of people home quickly. I have no idea if it is a good policy though.

agathamorse likes this.