1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guess who's coming to dinner ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ACOYEAR8, Jun 8, 2020.

1. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Four people, including you, are sitting down to dinner. Who would be your ideal guests (real or fictional, alive or dead) and why?

Mozart ...how does he do it?
    Shakespeare...How does he do it ?
    Helen of Troy...What would a face that launched a thousand ships look like ?

2. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

Jane Austen. Her sister Cassandra destroyed many of her letters and I would like to know the real Jane.
    Shakespeare. Would he be amusing, entertaining, ribald, witty? Where did he go and what did he do in in those missing years? Did he write all his own stuff? ( I know he collaborated but I am pretty sure Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare.)
    Mary Shelley. What would she and Jane Austen make of each other?
    Thomas Wyatt or John Donne? Blake? No, Terry Pratchett because he would enjoy the company.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  3. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

At the moment Harriet Harman.

Have you heard her speak recently particularly today about women/mothers in prison?
    We need many more like her - just brilliant and does she cut the c rap/bo llo x/utter contradiction that's driving people crackers (or should I be saying 'mental health issues'?).

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  5. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

Freddie Mercury - so much I want to know, plus after dinner entertainment.

Pablo Picasso - just to speak about art and his inspiration.

Elizabeth I - a stronge woman out of her time, we also share a birthday.