1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Guernsey

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by kemevez, Apr 6, 2011.

1. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

T W I N P E A K S

2. ZIZOU

ZIZOU New commenter

Thank you very much for your precious help!

3. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

You're welcome.

4. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Twin peaks.

5. Never seen Twin Peaks.
    Dont watch TV. What is it about?
    This is not a joke. I have small kids and we only watch Noddy and Thomas the Tank Engine. Then I go to bed cause I am exhausted.

6. tigi

tigi Occasional commenter

LOL

I had an interview at a state school in Guernsey last year. I thought the school was nice - kids pretty friendly and quite laid back but Guernsey itself was deffo not for me. It didn't seem like there is much going on there - everyone knows each other and its very small, busy and a bit claustrophobic for me. Saying that every person I met was really friendly and when you are not almost being run over by cars (I think the island has about twice as many cars as people) it is quite pretty. Wouldn't be for me - but I was glad I went there and had the experience anyway.

Also - I got the feeling I would be very poor in Guernsey - the housing restrictions are mad - if I'd moved over there we would not have even been allowed to rent anything bigger than a one bedroom flat and it would cost about £1000pcm!