1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTTR Application

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rjbenn2012, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have just gone to the GTTR website, as I was under the impression that you could apply for PGCE's starting in 2012 from the begining of septmber. I was planning on sending off my application this weekend, but the website says that applications can be submitted from October. Is this normal, because im sure iv read that appications can be sent from Septmeber???

2. Hi,
    I have just gone to the GTTR website, as I was under the impression that you could apply for PGCE's starting in 2012 from the begining of septmber. I was planning on sending off my application this weekend, but the website says that applications can be submitted from October. Is this normal, because im sure iv read that appications can be sent from Septmeber???

3. it's normal

4. I feel I need to answer this question as when I was a prospective applicant I found it hard to get any clarity or help.
    As already answered, the straight answer is no.
    It is highly unusual for the GTTR to keep to any deadline on the opening for applications. I know from experience last year that it kept on getting put back and back. Not that this is going to help your fears or anxieties at this moment, but I will say be prepared for October opening and you won't be disappointed (hey, you may even be surprised lol)
    Good luck with the application.
    (ex) Applico