1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTTR and second choice

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Joanne2009, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Joanne2009

Joanne2009 New commenter

Hi,
    Is it true that the GTTR sends your application to your second choice if you have not heard from your 1st choice within a month?
    I sent my application in on the 14th of October (I think) and no word at all. My first choice was a SCITT and my second choice is a flexi PGCE.

2. Joanne2009

Joanne2009 New commenter

Hi,
    Is it true that the GTTR sends your application to your second choice if you have not heard from your 1st choice within a month?
    I sent my application in on the 14th of October (I think) and no word at all. My first choice was a SCITT and my second choice is a flexi PGCE.

3. Hi joanne,
    Although I have an scitt place sorted for next year, i applied for it independently. I applied the first week the gttr opened and I haven't heard anything from either uni. Uel or lsbu.
    I'm not sure that everyone has heard back yet so dont worry just yet :)

4. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

I'm pretty sure that only applies after the December 1st deadline - and that's just for primary. It's not unusual for providers to take a while to get back to you so early in the application cycle. They don't even find out how many places they are allocated until sometime next month.Hope you hear soon - I applied myself on the 10th October and have heard nothing yet.

5. As stated, the deadline only comes into effect for applications made after the deadline. For early applicants, the first choice can hang on to your application until the end of January. If you haven't heard from them after a month, it's quite in order to contact them by phone or email and ask about progress. You may not get a helpful reply - e.g. 'its' under consideration' - but at least they haven't forgotten you.
    I feel a provider taking inordinate amount of time to decide isn't fair on applicants, and delay can only harm their chances with their subsequent choices. Sadly in recent years there have been many applicants whose first choice hang on to their application for months, only to find when their papers were eventually sent to the next choice, all places had been filled.