1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTPteachers.co.uk

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clarkey39, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    I'm wanting to apply for the graduate training programme and have come across a website for the GTP which is gtpteachers.co.uk

Does anyone reccomend this website as i am happy to pay the fee to register however there isn't any reviews for the site. Any information on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. I'd be quite dubious of a company who want a fee to try and find schools for GTP students.
    I did a GTP a few years ago. It is very competitive and, believe me, schools do not go out looking for GTP students. It costs them money to train/host a GTPer, and with today's tight budgets, I would be incredibly surprised if any schools are actively seeking people for this role.
    In my experience, trainees in my cohort mostly already worked at their host schools as TAs or other support staff and had built up such a good relationship that the school was willing to help them. A few others, me included, approached lots of local schools and considered ourselves lucky when we managed to persuade one to take us on as a GTP.
    You will also need to contact ITT providers yourself rather than through a database.
    To be honest, I'd steer well clear!

3. I agree with Elizabeth, I very much doubt any school would actively seek people for the gtp.
    I, too, have found a school willing to take me on where I had no prior experience with, I just emailed about a dozen schools, of which only 2 got back to me, 1 saying they had no places left, and the 2nd calling me for an interview, which I luckily passed. I was going to give them untill the end of the week to reply back to me before I rang them. I feel I was very lucky, had I not found that school I don't think I'd be able to apply...

I hope you manage to find a school, if you're not planning on starting sept 2012 there are jobs advertised such as "level 3 TA required with opportunity of GTP the following year", I think something like that would be more reliable...and it's free to register and apply!

All the best with whatever you do