1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP - What to put in your letter

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nickolm, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Hi,

I am a male wishing to start the GTP for Primary in September 2005/06.

I have looked into the whole confusing situation as to how to get a school.

It seems I have to write a letter to at least 100 schools!

I am bewildered as to what I should be including in this letter. Does anyone have any tips or a letter format that has been sucessful?

Thanks

2. Hi,

I am a male wishing to start the GTP for Primary in September 2005/06.

I have looked into the whole confusing situation as to how to get a school.

It seems I have to write a letter to at least 100 schools!

I am bewildered as to what I should be including in this letter. Does anyone have any tips or a letter format that has been sucessful?

Thanks

3. Hi nicolm.

If you post your e.mail address I will send you a copy of the letter that I sent out. It's not amazing but I think that it will give you the general idea :)

4. I am exactly in the same situation as nickhom.I have been looking for school offering GTP and written a few letters but I'm thinking may be I'm not writing it the way I should.
    Would it be possible for you to email your sample letter to me as well.

5. Reh

Reh

G'day please would you send me a copy of your letter too. My email is : rehanak@tiscali.co.uk.

Cheers

6. I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one finding this confusing. If anyone is still logged on then I too would be grateful to recieve a copy of a sample letter.

Thanks, Marie

7. I am so glad to read that I'm not the only person in this situation, much appreciate if you could also sent me a copy of your letter.
    My email is : siobhan520@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks, Siobhan

8. I wasn't aware that I had to apply to the school direct. For Stockport the DRB send out application forms and I think they then find a wiling school - or have I got this completely wrong!!!

A copy of the letter would be great though - jo_booth86@hotmail.com

9. bit mean of you to expect someone to send a copy of their letter to ALL of you! Why not use your common sense eh?
    No silly responses to this please!

10. Hi

Could anyone please tell me the best way to write my GTP letter and what is best to include.

11. Could somebody please post the letter to the yahoo group? http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/GTPsupport

I've been told by a contact at my local DRB that there is a place there for me from January but that I'll have to find a school myself to support my application, although this need not be 'set in stone' - whatever that means!

12. Hi Gday,

I've started thinking about applying to school for the GTP Course and i would really appreciatea copy of the letter you drafted.
    Please send to shaz5588@hotmail.com