1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Vacancy Application

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by superlocrian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I'm applying for a vacancy and they have asked for CV, letter of application and application form. What is a letter of application? I read that these are usually used instead of a CV.

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Visit the prospects.ac website for further information about this. Othersise any bookshop or library has loads of useful books- the Perfect Cover Letter is a good oneThe letter is in essence a supporting statement highlightiing your suitability it reflects upon your skills and experience and relates to the organisation and role.. As a letter it has a formal structure Address, Dear... ( do find out the name of the person) and signed off. Aim for no more than 2 sides as maximum and use a legible 12pt font.
    If the school want all this then provide it they are the one who is recruiting.

3. Thanks, I find it odd that the application form also asks for a personal statement about experiences too.

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Frankly if they ask you to write out the declaration of independence then do it. More likely they are just covering all bases so they get a full impression of you