1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Training - Cause for concerns and failing...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lazyblondelad, May 29, 2011.

1. I wonder if anyone could help me...
    I am a Primary GTP student and have had two successful teaching practices. However, I am on my final teaching practice in Y6, my mentor failed my first lesson as some of the children were not engaged and I kept having to stop my delivery as children were not engaging - even though I have been trained to stop them and follow the behaviour policy. The teaching was ok it was the behaviour that let me down... The second observation the class teacher failed me, admittedly, the lesson was not good enough. My mentor has said that if it happens again, she will file a cause for concern. If it were to happen, would I fail my whole year? The real issues that I am having are that I have just been dumped in Y6 post SATS - the kids don't give a ****, they feel like they don't even need to come to school anymore. I have recieved little support thus far in terms of planning, my mentor grades harshly - as if i were an experience pro and the class teacher is really disorganised. I feel like I am being set up to fail.
    Can anyone advise me as to the potential outcome - could I fail?
    Can anyone help with strategies for challenging Y6 pupils?

Thank you!!

2. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

I suggest you re-post on Student teachers forum.