1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP through TDA - anyone got interviews/places?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by LittleMel91, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,
    Okay I'm new to the forum so first off hi to everyone!
    Next. I applied for a GTP through the TDA website for 2012/13 year and I was wondering if anyone else who had done the same had heard anything yet?
    I have a PGCE interview tomorrow (7th December) but I applied for both so keeping my options open :)
    Thank you
    Mel

2. Hey everyone,
    Okay I'm new to the forum so first off hi to everyone!
    Next. I applied for a GTP through the TDA website for 2012/13 year and I was wondering if anyone else who had done the same had heard anything yet?
    I have a PGCE interview tomorrow (7th December) but I applied for both so keeping my options open :)
    Thank you
    Mel

3. Hi Mel

I have done the same but only for GTP through TDA. Have contacted over 25 schools via e-mail to register an interest as my subject History do not offer that many places!! Have a visit arranged for one school others are still waiting to see if they have been allocated a place by the Trg Uni, in my case its Chrsitchurch Canterbury. So there's not much that will happen I don't think until end of Jan/Feb when places are published on the Uni website, or school start advertising for applicants.
    What is your subject and I hope the interview goes well??

4. Bonsoir,

So my advice is apply to as many different providers as you can and via as many different routes as you can. Good move in keeping your options open for PGCE along with GTP.

I started a History GTP in September through the West Midlands Consortium - they do things slightly different in that you apply directly to them through the TDA and they will place you in one of their partner schools. It means it takes out the double interview process. Some other EBIT providers do it that way aswell, I know there is a similar scheme running in Saffron Walden for Essex schools.

The TDA are late this year in releasing the figures and funding matrices for teacher training but don't let that put you off - just apply, apply and apply!

From my experience it is much better to go to the school if you can, send an email and follow it up with a more formal letter and then if you still get nothing you can try the ballsy approach and visit the school site and ask to speak to someone or arrange a time when you can go back. Some schools love that approach and some hate it, but it gets your name known which seems to be half the issue when it comes to the GTP.

Anywhoo, good luck!