1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP subject knowledge development action plan

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ljforsyth, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hi
    I have a GTP interview coming up and I have already filled in a subject knowledge audit which was submitted to the university as part of my application but they have asked me to bring an action plan along to the interview. Is there a set way I should write this? Are they expecting more than things like personal study and further teaching observation?
    Unfortunately I can't ask my school as they are on Easter holiday and my interview is the day they start the new term so any help would be very gratefully received!
    Thanks

2. terri1972

terri1972 New commenter

Hi. We had to go through the literacy, numeracy and science strands and decide whether we were familiar, relatively familiar or unfamiliar as a base line.
    Then, every term we have to choose 3 areas we feel we need to further our subject knowledge on. So for example, one of my first term's one was space, shape and measures, cos I hadn't done any of that stuff since school! Then we have to show evidence that we have improved our subject knowledge eg personal research, teacher's tv, watching other teachers etc, culminating in planning and teaching it.
    Don't know if that helps.